Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dwarf in progress

If you read my Holder post you saw this guy on my table. I thought I would try doing a WIP on him.
Step 1: I based the metals in Game Color Plate Mail and the straps in Black. Please note, I have no particular standard colors I use, so Black will always be Black and could be from P3, Vallejo, GW etc...


Step 2:
I painted the axe brackets and end cap with Game Color Shining Gold. Stone Grey on the beard from Reaper, and Scorched Brown from GW on the tunic and Vallejo Heavy Brown for the pants. The red is Reper's Dead Rose Red HD.






















Step 3: I washed the model with P3 Armor Wash and Army Painter Strong tone. The Gold I washed with Rust from Vallejo.








Step 4: I then blocked out the flesh with Bugman's Glow and highlighted with Elf flesh. I highlighted the black with a blue/green color from Reaper called "Sample." They tend to toss in experimental colors. I have been liking it as a way to highlight black. I cleaned up the brown blob left over on the axe.



This is the final model. I highlighted the metal with Mithral Silver from GW....old GW in the hex bottles, the red of the handle I used Blood Red with the orignial red until I used small dabs of the red to highlight. The Brown was then highlighted with Vallejo Heavy Sienna. I highlighted the pants with Ginger Cookie from Reaper. The beard was highlighted with Reaper Rainy Gray.

The Base is a Hirst Art Block. I imagine him being a warrior miner giving his king a briefing on the Goblin infestation in the mine and he is always expecting trouble so he still holds on to his axes ready for anything.













No comments:

Post a Comment