Sunday, April 3, 2016

Let's Offend Some People....

I am a white, American, straight, male also referred to as "the privileged!"  If this is the case please check my address as I am waiting on all those "you have the power" checks that I am supposed to be receiving. Just so you know where I am coming from with this post.

On one of the FB groups I follow, someone made a big deal about a picture/painted model of a scantily clad female Drow elf. First if RA Salvatore is to be believed Drow women walk around like they they came straight out of an S&M sex dungeon so this is par for the course (yes I used a sportsball reference to RPGs, get over it). Secondly, it is a FANTASY setting, dressing like that is normal, it is the basis upon which most of the D&D artwork is based (as well as really cool Pedo-van side art).

As counterpoint #1 some people will say it is not historically accurate. Thanks for being pedantic, I know how people dressed, I have a history degree (it sits collecting dust like most liberal arts degrees) and have studied various time periods for many years.Now there will be some people who who say artwork like that objectifies woman. Now here is where I piss people off. What is so wrong with that? I love the female form, my wife's form attracted me to her, I look when a pretty lady walks by, and I love artwork like below:





Disclaimer: Liking the way a woman looks does NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO ACT LIKE A JERK. Cat calls, harassment, and grabbing is not cool. Don't do it, you give the rest of our gender a bad name.

Please allow me to share some of my favorite pieces of female objectifying art I have done over the years.


No comments:

Post a Comment